UCYPAA Meeting Notes
Present: Jen B, Diana S, Alex K, Brian S, Brian B, Lisa C, Clara H, Anna P
Notes on Reports:
- Lisa will reach out to the palace re events
- Alex set up an email for UCYPAA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Previous meeting minutes approved
- Jen – SALTYPAA voted to bid. CACHYPAA will not bid, they are bidding for SWACYPAA.
Hoping to get two bids.
- Outreach ideas to different meetings in the area.
- Brian – Will go to Tooele for outreach. Happy to make a flyer
- Brian Treasury – will set up bank account soon.
- Become a nonprofit? – Alex will look into it. Beneficial for future taxes.
- Events – Jen’s idea for an event in December
- Cohost something with SALTYPAA? This would mean splitting event costs and proceeds.
o Possibly sell drinks at SALTYPAA event?
o Ugly sweater contest, white elephant exchange is the December event
o Ideas to host our own event in January
▪ pancakes and traditions?
▪ Casino night
- Alex – we need a flyer and a way for people to preregistration.
- Jen will create the registration form
- Lisa – dual membership with UCYPAA and SALTYPAA: thought for conflicting members
to step out of certain meetings
- Jen – motions that members of advisory who are also on a bid committee don’t
participate with voting on bid committees. Passed unanimously.
Camping event logistics:
- Meals – budget -structure of the weekend
- Jen will send SNOWYPAA example budget
For next meeting on Nov 29th @ 6pm:
- Come with event ideas and be ready to plan!!!